Moulay Hafid Elalamy creates Saham Group
- Acquired brokerage firm Agma
- Acquired brokerage firm Lahlou-Tazi
- Acquired a minority stake in Isaaf Assistance
- Merger between Agma and Lahlou-Tazi. The company formed after the merger was first listed, and subsequently sold by the Group
- Created Phone Assistance call centers, the first call center in Morocco
- Saham Group was a pioneer in the market of customer relations centers, with the creation of Phone Group in 1999. In 2004, the operator signed an equity partnership with Bertelsmann, the first communications group in Europe.
- Acquired a majority stake in Isaaf Assistance The Saham Group acquires Morocco's leader in Assistance services
- Acquired CNIA Assurance at 67.01%
- Acquired Insurance Es Saada.
- Merger between CNIA and Es Saada, now under the name: CNIA Saada Assurance. Formerly known as CNIA Saada Assurance, it is the leader in non-life insurance today.
- IPO of CNIA Saada Insurance
- Acquired Colina Group Acquisition of Colina Group at 92% helped Saham expand to Sub-Saharan Africa and to gain presence in 17 countries. The Colina Group is the leading insurer of the African CIMA area (Inter-African Conference on Insurance Markets).
- Created BPO Insurance Saham Group created BPO Insurance; a unit dedicated to Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), and specialized in designing and integrating customized front and back-office platforms for the insurance and assistance industries.
- Acquired GA Angola Seguros. it is the first private company of the country to have 16% of a market showing strong growth.
- Acquired LIA Insurance (Lebanon) The Group acquired 81% of the LIA Insurance Company from Audi Bank. This acquisition aims at making Lebanon a true hub to support the expansion strategy in the Middle East
- Created Isaaf Santé (TPA). The creation of Isaaf Santé gave the Group an international set of skill in TPA, added to that of its subsidiaries Colina, this making Saham leader of this activity in Morocco
- Created the Real Estate division. With this operation, all of the group's real estate projects are under the umbrella of Saham Immo and Batim Africa.
- Acquired Mercantile Insurance in Kenya With the acquisition of 66.7% of the company, the Saham Group gained presence in East Africa, particularly in Kenya, a country with high growth potential in the insurance sector
- Opened Colina subsidiaries in Niger and in Congo. After obtaining approvals to set up in Niger and the Congo, Saham offers insurance services while expanding its activity in West Africa
- Created Saham Ré Based in Mauritius, SAHAM Re is a reinsurance subsidiary serving the other branches. Its role is to optimize the reinsurance needs, but also to share the redeployment of the best underwriting practices within the Group
- Unification of subsidiaries under two unique brands Saham Assurance for insurance branches and Saham Assistance for assistance activity
- Acquired CORAR AG Ltd Insurance Company in Rwanda
- Acquired UNITRUST Insurance in Nigeria
- Acquired ECCO Outsourcing, customer service center and BPO specialist, Egypt
- Acquired Reinsurance Continental PLC (Nigeria)